Tuesday 19 June 2012

A to Zeebees Poems - Summer 2012


Hello,

In case you have the time and energy to revise these through the week, here are the poems the children have done so far with Tehzeeb Katari:

RAIN

Rain on the green grass,
Rain on the tree,
Rain on the rooftops
But not on me.




                 Cats Sleep Anywhere

Cats sleep
Anywhere,
Any table
Any chair,
Top of piano,
Window ledge,
In the middle,
On the edge,
Open drawer,
Empty shoe,
Anybody's lap will do,
Fitted in a
Cardboard box,
In the cupboard
With your clothes--
Anywhere!
They don't care!
Cats sleep
Anywhere.

Cat on Window Ledge

Cat on Dresser



Cat on Grannie's Lap

Eleanor Farjeon

Has Anybody Seen My Mouse?


Has anybody seen my mouse?
Little Brown Mouse
I opened his box for half a minute,
Just to make sure he was really in it,
And while I was looking, he jumped outside!
I tried to catch him, I tried, I tried....
I think he's somewhere about the house.
Has anyone seen my mouse?

Little Brown Mouse
Uncle John, have you seen my mouse?

Just a small sort of mouse, a dear little brown one,
He came from the country, he wasn't a town one,
So he'll feel all lonely in a Chennai street;
Why, what could he possibly find to eat?
He must be somewhere. I'll ask Aunt Shaan:
Have you seen a mouse with a woffelly snout?
He's just got out...


Hasn't anybody seen my mouse?
Little Brown Mouse


RAIN

A bullfrog sat on a lily pad, looking at the sky.
He fell right off that lily pad, and got water in his eye.



A peanut sat on a railroad track, it's heart was all a-flutter.
Along came the 5:05 - Oops! peanut butter.



A cow walked on the railroad track, the train was coming fast.
The train got off the railroad track to let the cow go past!



Humpty Dumpty fell right down and landed on his head,
So, all the horses and the men had scrambled eggs and bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment